Buying a home is an exciting step, but it can also be a frustrating one. Inessa Pritsker can provide you with experience and expertise to make the right decisions.
Here are a few simple steps to consider when in the market for a home:
1) Consider your reasons: There are a many reasons for why people relocate. Defining your reasons before you start looking can save you time and keep you motivated to reach that goal.
2) Consult a mortgage specialist: Knowing your financial abilities before you start looking will give you more power during negotiations.
3) Define your search parameters: Consider the type of neighbourhood you are interested in. You may also want to consider the type of home, which can be defined as a detached, semi-detached, condo or a townhouse.
4) Keep track of your progress: When screening multiple properties a day, unique features of each home can get lost in the clutter. Bringing a notepad will help you keep track of positive and negative elements of each property. Immediately after leaving, rate each home on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest.
5) Re-visit your top choices: After touring numerous properties, you will have a general idea of your top choices. Consider making a conditional offer and use the negatives to negotiate a reduced price.
6) Investigate your mortgage options: Most realtors have a mortgage associate who they know and trust. From your relationship with your realtor, he or she may already have a good understanding of your financial situation and can communicate and deliver all the legal documents to the specialist on your behalf.